The Tailwagger Display Team has been established since 2004 and is made up of dogs and handlers who attend the Tailwagger Club. The team currently has approximately 40 dogs and handlers (team sizes for particular events may vary). The dogs are a variety of breeds and cross breeds, all different sizes and ages, from puppies who participate in our ever popular ‘puppy training’ section of the displays, to older dogs.
The team provides high quality, fun, enjoyable, entertaining and informative displays, much of which take place to music. Informative commentary is provided throughout all displays and all of our Team (including stewards) wear full team uniforms, to ensure a professional appearance.
The displays can cover many aspects of pet dog training, including ‘freestyle’ heel work to music, puppy training, tricks, and competitive obedience. Displays can also be tailored to individual requirements, so please feel free to get in touch for more information. Displays can last anything from half an hour to 1 hour.
We also run an activity ring for a full day at events. This can include displays, but also:
- ‘Have a go’ agility where people can bring their dogs along and have a go, carefully supervised, on our agility course.
- Dog training advice surgery where our APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers) registered dog trainers can be on hand to offer dog training advice.
- Behavioural advice, including SATS.
- Kennel Club Good Citizens Dog Scheme Bronze examinations. Our Kennel Club registered Good Citizens Dog Scheme Assessors can assess dogs at your event, those who pass will receive certificates and rosettes.
- Fun dog shows. We provide a judge, take entries on the day, run the classes and provide prizes (if required).